Changelog (Pocket PC version)
- Bugfix: a crash or dropping of an item from database could happen in some rare scenarios during reviews (or forced reviews). Problem affected all versions released in at least last 9 months. Upgrading to this version is recommended.
- Added support for playing .mp3 and .wma files (previously only .wav files could have been played) on Windows Mobile 6 and later (Windows CE 5.0 and later), older systems are still limited to .wav files.
- Really fixed the problem mentioned below in 1.3.38.
- Corrected problem with categories (introduced in 1.3.37): after network-import, if data about categories was changed, categories weren't fully initialized.
- Many underlying changes in the network code, focused on eliminating any possibility of data loss and making code robust against exceptional situations, as in current PC version (22.214.171.124).
- Bugfix in network sync: a very small percentage of syncs could fail to sync (with report of the problem to user on "import", or without reporting any problem whatsoever on "export").
- Safer saving of all important learning database files (esp. against problems with lack of free disk space).
- Updated core code to be in sync with PC version.
- Optimization resulting in faster saving of database and faster network sync/import/export in big databases.
- Updated initial data used to train ANN.
- Added passive support for color tags from the upcoming PC version -- this version doesn't support the colors but just hides the tags in non-edit mode.
- Changes in registration data handling code, to consistently (with all other FR versions) and tolerantly handle registration names with non-ASCII characters.
- Just-created category is automatically selected and focused in "category selection dialog" that show up after pressing "Add new items".
- Fixed a typo in work "Skips" in the settings.
- Fixed a bug: pressing "Skip" on the last item gived undefined behavior.
- Added "passive" support for sticking of items (there is no support for sticking items in this version yet, but if items were sticked in another version, then during reviews this version respects the stickiness).
- Added another mode for "Skip" button -- skipping item for the rest of the session.
- Fixed things related to "Skip" and "Force" functions when "Mix reviews from different categories" option was turned on.
No version change (2010-05-11)
- Updated today-plugin: fixed a memory leak.
- Fixed "Mix reviews from different categories" option not keeping the set state.
- The timeout introduced in 1.3.26 is now configurable.
- Fixed a problem with leaving "tab" character in question and answer fields.
- Added Network import/export/autosync options (available only to registered FullRecall users).
- The timeout introduced in 1.3.26 is increased from 250ms to 350ms.
- Protection against pressing the same button twice in short period of time was rehauled and grades-buttons are disabled for 250ms just after they show-up to avoid possibility of accidently pressing them just after clicking OK (and the same about OK button which is disabled for 250ms just after pressing a grade).
- Ported "Mix reviews from different categories" option from the PC version.
- When "Do scheduled reviews" button is tap-and-holded, dialog with categories display only categories that have at least one item for review (i.e., categories which don't have any items for review for now are not displayed).
- Improved support for hardware keyboard.
- Slightly more agressive ANN traning (in AC mode and in battery mode as well).
- Synced with current PC-core code.
- Fixed a problem on some devices (reported for HTC Diamond) with question field having too small height for text to fit (last line of multi-line questions didn't fit).
- Added more support for hardware keys (esp. "5-way navigation key"), esp. possibility to pick grades with the 5-way navigation key.
- Added Polish localization.
- Added some more heavy training of ANN (still very light comparing to PC version) when device is on the AC power.
- "Today" plugin: if database is locked, instead of giving up until and stucking with "Database locked" info until next "Today" refresh, the plugin now tries to open the database and find out number of reviews some seconds later.
- Fixed problems with scrollbars in devices based on recent Windows Mobile systems.
- Added a dialog for easier setting of database directory path.
- More "intelligent" handling of high test error values. The variable is not displayed anymore, but in case of high TestError a warning is displayed (on PocketFullRecall start) explaining the situation and possible solutions.
- Corrected a small error that made question field smaller than answer field in "Add new items" mode.
- Added "Statistics" option in the Help menu. Moved some data from initial screen to the Statistics.
- Added option to automatically open images.
- "Today plugin":
- Watch out for "lockfile" to not interfere with running PocketFullRecall: this change is important, as it protects against data loss; if you use the "Today" plugin from a previous PocketFullRecall version, then upgrade is strongly recommended.
- Fix for paths with non-ASCII characters.
- Improved question/answer autoscalling to make higher priority to answer (when answer is visible) and automatically show scrollbars wheen needed.
- Removed a bit superflous popup dialog that showed after detection of new items in queue.txt (new items are still automatically added from queue.txt).
- Added "soft-limit number of reviews per day" from PC version. Can be set in settings. If set and number of reviews for today is higher than the number, then PocketFullRecall to re-schedule items to a later date to meet the limit. Only items that can be re-scheduled to a later day without great learning efficiency lost are re-scheduled.
- Optimizations in "Today" plugin.
- Tap-and-hold over "Add new items" button allows to add items to the queue (without the initial grade): the feature may be helpful for users creating database for other users, or when number of items already added today to the process is huge, but we still want to gather knowledge, adding the items to the learning process (from queue) at some other time.
- Tap-and-hold over "OK" button works like "Hint" feature from PC version (i.e., shows a next letter from answer).
- Fixed a glitch related to q/a autoscalling and use of 'Skip' feature.
- Faster startup in case of databases with a lot of ANN data.
- Fixed a problem related to keyboard handling.
- Tap-and-hold over "Add items from queue" allows to adds items only from selected categories (or just one category).
- Added real-time monitoring of queue.txt for changes and automatically adding newly added items.
- Fixed problem with directory paths that contain non-ASCII characters.
- Reduced some widget's margins (to make a bit more room for questions/answers and in order to look more sleeky).
- Added q/a autoscaling.
- Fixed a glitch related to virtual keyboard when PocketFullReacall was minimized while the keyboard was visible.
- Added "Edit" menu with options: "Delete Item...", "Cancel Last Grade".
- Added "Edit Mode" option in "Edit" menu (enabled by default): if turned off, then editing of item is not possible (this is esp. useful if you go through reviews in a bus/tram/etc. where accidental clicks are more likely, and accidentally change items sometimes).
- Added context menu in category-selection-dialog (available after tap-and-hold) with following options: "Create New Category", "Create New Subcategory", "Edit Category Name", "Delete Category" (last three of these options show up only if you tap-and-hold over a category).
- Support for hardware keyboard was added: pressing Enter or Space on hardware keyboard is like pressing "OK" on the screen, pressing 0-5 on hardware keyb. is like pressing a grade on the screen, "Delete" as "Delete this Item", "Insert" (if main screen is visible) works as pressing "Add new items".
- Added a protection against pressing a grade and OK button, or OK and a grade button just moment after, accidentally. There is a delay (300ms) before some succeeding buttons can be pressed.
- Category selection dialog now shows number of items scheduled for review for today including items in the subcategories that are scheduled for review for today, just like PC version.
- User category selection is remembered (for every mode of learning).
- Pressing 5-way hardware joystick (or scroll-button in older devices) works as pressing "OK" button on the screen.
- Changed title from "PocketFullRecall" to "FullRecall"; in "Go through scheduled reviews" learning mode title also displays number of items that are scheduled for review for today.
- added support for relative paths (related to images/sounds) from Unix
- added support for sounds (simple .wav files only; sound files have to be in the database directory, i.e., path to them should be stored as relative)
- bugfix for loosing sound/image of currently opened item if PocketFullRecall was closed while the item was visible
- improved self-closing after detecting click on "smart minimize"
- added basic support for images using pimg.exe (a Windows Mobile's built-in picture viewer): items with image have extra string (" <img>") and double-clicking question/answer area opens pimg.exe with the question/answer image. pimg.exe seems to only support JPEG files (at least on Windows Mobile 2003SE, PNG, BMP and GIF seems to be unsupported)
- fixed unstability introduced in PPC_1.3.4
- fixed bug that could result in images and sounds discarded
- added "Skip" option
- small rearrangement in buttons
- added "Delete Current Item" option in the context menus
- active supports for categories was added: "Input" mode asks for a category for new items, "Learn", "Force", "Queue" modes bring categories selection dialog (but only if button is pressed for some time)
- fixed a bug related to switching focus from fields and appearing extra squares
- added context menus to question and answer fields with available options: copy, cut, paste, undo
- changes to minimize some effects of operating system cache in order to safely remove sd-card just after quitting PocketFullRecall
- writing incorrect (or unavailable at the time of PocketFullRecall start) path will now result in starting from default directory (and displaying info about that)
- "smart" training ANN using very little CPU time
- fixed artefacts if PFR is started with SIP (Soft Input Panel) showed on
- hiding <b>, <s>, <u> tags and showing them only when a field (question or answer) has focus
- 'x' in the top-right cornet (AKA "smart minimize") really closes PocketFullRecall (this behaviour is a lot safer, esp. for users that sync databases and expect that it's safe to sync after clicking 'x' -- now it is)
- synced with current PC "core" code that received some polishing and optimizations since previous PocketFullRecall release
- This release is compatible with FullRecall 1.3.x on PC, but incompatible with previous PocketFullRecall releases.