There are also other ways to improve long-term memory. Here are some ideas.
- Acetylcholine seems to be one of the key neurotransmitters in working of long-term memory. We potentially could increase its levels by:
- Increased oxygen levels may improve memory formation123; air pressure and humidity also influences oxygen availability — higher the air pressure, the more air (and oxygen) there is in a volume; elevation above sea level also influences the air pressure and thus oxygen availability1.
- Caloric restriction and physical exercise1 may improve memory123.
- Anything that increases BDNF levels may help. E.g. curcumin1234.
- Mnemontechnics can help1>.
- Closing eyes may help recollect an information.12
Memory improvement at Wikipedia may be worth checking too.