Changelog (Android version)
- Fixed possible crashes on Android 7.1 when selecting a different directory for database or for a backup-destination.
- "Backspace" on a keyboard is a shortcut to "Hint".
- "Space" on a keyboard is a shortcut to "Ok" (revealing answer).
- Pressing "f" on main FullRecall screen is a shortcut to "Find" feature.
- Minimum Android version supported is 2.3 (previous versions worked on Android 2.2).
- Added support for more SD-card paths (although by default, on most non-rooted devices, FullRecall doesn't have write permissions to external SD card).
- Clicked images are opened scaled-up to fit window.
- If there is roaming in effect, FullRecall still uses Internet.
- Grade-buttons are enabled with some delay to prevent accidental pressing them just after pressing "ok".
- Bugfix related to network-sync of multimedia files (the files could have be downloaded needlessly).
- Bugfix: changes made during editing item after finding it could have been discarded.
- Some small bugfixes; including possible fix for a rare situation, that I was unable to reproduce, that could have resulted in wiping out learning database; making regular backups is still recommended.
- Fixed possible crashes on some recent Android versions; crashes were possible if spellchecker was turned on in Android's options.
- Revamped code dectecting SD cards, to list external SD card.
- Added auto-backup - it needs to be activated in settings, i.e. user needs to pick a destination dir. If set, then on quitting FullRecall main (i.e. non-multimedia) files are saved there in a compressed form and kept for last 7 days.
- Added support for downloading images from secure-http (https).
- Less CPU usage (i.e. longer battery life).
- Added support for external storage on other paths than /sdcard/ and other improvements in dialog that allows to select another directory for database: if destination dir is empty, dialog proposes to move or copy current database there; in this way it's now possible to move database from main memory to SD card.
- Minimum height of every grade button in large-display mode is now 80dp to fix situation when a large question image would make grade buttons small.
- Bugfix: custom fonts in version 1.1 weren't available.
- Because of performance reasons: searching for .ttf fonts on SD card now takes place only in root SD directory and "FONTS" directory (if it exists, case sensitivity doesn't matter).
- Input mode doesn't ignore fonts-per-category and fonts set in settings.
- Added "Ready made databases" feature that allows to download ready-made set of quetions.
- Find facility has ability to search the needle only in questions or only in answers.
- Network-services are stopped when not needed to free-up memory.
- In category-selection-dialog, if a subcategory is displayed, pressing back-button displays parent category.
- Usability improvements: bigger buttons, increased height of: grades, "ok",' "hint".
- A bit different layout of Learn/Force/New modes when using a big screen: grades are on the right.
- If question and answer are both visible, question height is always at least one-line.
- Find facility shows up to 250 items (instead of 25),
- An optimization in network-sync code that saves up to one round-trip-time from the auto-network-sync.
- If during start, background netsync (from previous run) still takes place, it can be cancelled by pressing back-button.
- Additional option in menu of "Learn" and "Force" learning modes: "Item stats".
- Answer's text is aligned to top instead of being centered vertically.
- Optimizations in network routines that speed-up network sync/import/export.
- Bugfix: font colors feature didn't work (bug was introduced in 1.0-beta47).
- Bugfix: revealing answer using Hint feature could result in a crash.
- Images' and sounds' path are saved as relative path when possible.
- Improved escaping of text with < character.
- Bugfix: question-borders colors were taken from answer's specification.
- Bugfix: crash on start of any learning mode if question/answer font was set to empty string instead of a number.
- On-screen keyboard shouldn't show up anymore in Honeycomb (Android 3.0) when it's not needed.
- Added experimental passive support for sticking queue-items.
- Added "Hint" feature that reveals answer gradually.
- Faster (in some circumstances) network import/export of big databases.
- Added support for reveal-as-you-type feature (only for hardware keyboard).
- Numerical keys on hardware keyboard can be used as grades.
- Bugfix: in some circumstances network-sync code could create extra items with empty questions and empty answers.
- Bugfix: Holding Learn or Force and selecting a category didn't bring reviews only from the selected category.
- Bugfix: If background netsync crashed from a previous run, there is no more dialog that blocks FullRecall start saying "Please wait, network-sync-on-exit is still taking place from previous run".
- Added periodic saving of database, so that no more than 16 changes to database (reviews, added items, etc.) can be lost in case of some disaster (crash of device, lack of battery power, crash of FullRecall, etc.)
- Added handling of possible exception during custom font file loading.
- Being more verbose about not saving changes after pressing "back" when editing item found from Find facility.
- Bugfix: < character hid rest of question (or answer) until new-line character (the problem affected only displayed text and didn't affect database itself).
- Fixed an instability problem introduced in beta40.
- Question/answer field font size can be set to the exact pixel.
- Added "Only on wifi" sub-option of "Multimedia Sync": if the new option is turned on, multimedia sync (if enabled at all) takes place only during wifi connection.
- Changed default question/answer font sizes available in options.
- Bugfix: in some circumstances "multimedia sync" could send some files from server to client even though client already has the files.
- Fixed a memory-leak in Find feature and optimizations in the Find that speed-up finding the items.
- Added context menu in Find facility (long press over an item from the results displays the menu) with options: edit, delete, move to queue (only for non-queue items), learn (only for queue items).
- Searching is now done on-the-fly after typing every character; there is no need for the "Find" button anymore (the button was removed).
- While there is no "Knowledge Manager" (a feature in PC version that helps organize items in categories and categories itself) in the Android version, categories can organized after pressing Input. This version adds possibility to move (sub)category to another (sub)category or make a subcategory a main category.
- By default "Multimedia sync" option (i.e., "sync also graphics and sound files during network-sync operation") is turned on now.
- Database no longer has to be stored on SDCARD in order to use "Multimedia Sync".
- Bugfix: in some circumstances "Network import" operation could result in loss of some queue-items.
- Various small usability improvements.
- Bugfix: error in Polish translation that could crash FullRecall if database dir is not available.
- Bugfix: editing sound path made question sound path be equal to answer sound path.
- Optimizations in network-sync routines.
- Bugfix: in some rare case empty answer could trigger data loss during database load.
- Added passive support for fonts-per-category feature from PC version: fonts-per-category set in PC version should work in the Android version, provided the font is installed in the Android and the font filename matches the font's name that was set in the PC version.
- Routines reading text files are updated to properly handle </a> tag from the "a href" tag (</a> is also used as an end of answer tag).
- Bugfix: a crash or dropping of an item from database could happen in some rare scenarios during reviews (or forced reviews). Problem affected all versions released in at least last 9 months. Upgrading to this version is recommended.
- Added "Multimedia Sync" option -- if turned on, multimedia files (images and sounds) are synced during "network sync/export/import" operations. This feature is experimental and disabled by default for now. If its turned on, its active only when database is stored on SD card.
- Added support for font colors set in PC version (background font colors are not supported yet).
- Optimizations in order to reduce latency of some operations, esp. quiting all learning modes and going back to the main screen (might be noticeable when using big databases).
- Since this version, port 110/TCP (instead of 4092/TCP) is used for network operations with the server. Some ISP throttle non-standard ports (or, less frequently, even block them). In order to improve the situation, FullRecall now uses a more standard port (PC version will also use 110/TCP port since its next release).
- Added a missing Polish translation in "Learn" title.
- Added logging (to error.log in database directory) problems with displaying image, if there are any.
- Removed a message about lack of sound file, if there is no sound file.
- Fixed an issue related to question/answer fields auto-scalling of height: in some situations (just after image was displayed or hidden, or just after sound-replay-button is shown or hidden) the height that was set was not optimal.
- Fixed unability to edit after find.
- Fixed the problem with question-sound-repeat button in edit-after-find.
- Fixed (hopefuly) problem with not playing sounds due to Windows path separator.
- Added "Find" facility: it allows editing or deleting found items. This feature wasn't throughoutly tested yet, use it with caution.
- Fixed a problem with question-sound-repeat button in Force mode.
- Improved code deciding which item take (from among items scheduled for review for today) now -- it better spaces repeated-on-the-same-day reviews and also tries to space reviews of items with reversed q/a.
- Added (temporarily) unobtrusive popup window that displays a message in case there is a problem with playing a sound, in order to debug a problem with sound playback.
- Fixed scaling back question and answer size when virtual keyboard is shown in "Input" and "New" modes.
- Bugfix: answer-sound-replay-button wasn't visible even when item has an answer-sound.
- Fixed handling of a situation related to leaving FullRecall running in the background to let system close FullRecall in low-memory situation, that could crash FullRecall after starting FullRecall again.
- Added buttons that, when pressed, replay sound. The buttons are visibile only for question/answer that has a sound.
- Added possibility to use custom font for question field and (possibly different) custom font for answer field. To add font(s) that will be available in FullRecall settings: a font files (files ending with ".ttf") need to be put in main SDCARD directory or in any direct subdirectory.
- Added "AndViceVersa" optional mode.
- After adding a new (sub)category view is automatically scrolled when needed, so that the new (sub)category is immediately visible.
- Fixed a bug in network code: if code couldn't automatically decide the sync direction, dialog with data about local and remote database displayed garbage.
- Added "Show category" option: if turned on, full category tree is displayed above question field.
- Added partial support for background-colors from PC version: background question/answer colors set in PC version are used as frame colors for question/answer.
- Fixed a bug related to canceling last grade from main window, if the last grade was made in "New" learning mode (i.e., introducing elements from queue).
- Really corrected the problem with categories, mentioned in 1.0-beta17.
- Added support for directory separator from MS Windows, so images and sounds saved in a MS Windows version of FullRecall could work on Android.
- Corrected problems with images and sounds (relative paths were not working in previous releases).
- Corrected problem with categories (introduced in 1.0-beta14): after network-import, if data about categories was changed, categories weren't fully initialized.
- Many changes in underlying network code, focused on eliminating any possibility of data loss.
- Added possibility to cancel network operation (by pressing "back" button when the progress dialog is displayed).
- Make saving neural network data safer against some problems (esp. no-free-disk space).
- Bugfix in network sync: a very small percentage of syncs could fail to sync (with report of the problem to user on "import", or without reporting any problem whatsoever on "export").
- Make saving queue safer against some problems (esp. no-free-disk space).
- In case of auto-sync cannot determine the sync direction, dialogs displays more data about remote and local databases in order to help user decide the sync direction.
- Image(s) added in "Input" mode are visible at once (i.e., just after adding them) in this mode.
- Maximum image width (when displayed along the text) is now 40% of screen's width in portrait mode and 50% of screen's width in landscape mode, instead of 50px in previous versions (clicking on the image still opens the image in full-screen without any size limits other than physical screen size).
- In Learn/Force/New learning modes, when edit mode is turned on, context menu displays also options to change image(s) and sound(s) for the currently visible item.
- Added some missing translations to Polish.
- ANN training is dependend on current battery state.
- GUI related improvements in network sync:
- network operations take place in background thread, so there should be no more "Application not responding" dialog during longer syncs
- there is a dialog, during network operations, that informs about the network operation taking place
- "network sync on exit" takes place in background service (until it finishes) even after FullRecall window is gone, so FullRecall can exit faster.
- Improved category selection dialog: there is additional button (for categories having children) for displaying category's children, while normal tap over the category now selects the category (instead of bringing up context menu).
- Title in "Learn" mode displays also number of reviews left for today in the selected category (or in all categories if no specific category is selected).
- Title in "Input" mode displays also current category name (the most nested subcategory's name).
- Title in "Force" mode displays also current category name (the most nested subcategory's name) if there is any specific category selected.
- Fixed crashes on tap-and-hold over subcategories and fixed displaying "Show subcategories" option where there is no subcategory.
- Category-selection-dialog displays current parent category in title, if subcategories are displayed.
- Number of reviews for today are updated in the main window after exiting from "learn" mode.
- Inability to select first main category fixed.
- Added active support for subcategories (i.e., subcategories can be created and selected now).
- Added support for displaying images and added preliminary support for adding images in Input-mode.
- Added support for playing sounds and added preliminary support for adding sounds in Input-mode.
- Added auto question/answer fields autosizing.
- Added possibility to change question and answer (independent) font size.
- Added some missing translations to Polish.
- Network-import and auto-network-sync is now available also when local database is empty.
- Removed 4 second delay in network code that was used during earlier stages of development to simulate a delay and accidently got into the fist public beta.
- Main buttons visibility is updated after network-sync or network-import.
- Fixed not applying html tags to question on the first element just after pressing "Learn".
- Cursor is not displayed anymore in question and answer fields in default (i.e., non-edit) mode.
- Pressing "Edit mode" option, when edit-mode is already turned on, turns back visual mode and saves any changes made to the item.
- New-lines are not coalesced into space anymore in non-edit-mode.
- Fixed problems with orientation changes (but there is a risk that new/other problems, related to changing orientation, were introduced, so orientation-change still needs testing).
- Initial release.